January 19, 2010

Today's Inspiration(see previous post for explanation)...

The rule I selected today for us from Michael Pollan's Food Rules:

Rule #2 Don't eat anything your great-grandmother wouldn't recognize as food!
"Today foods are processed in ways specifically designed to get us to buy and eat more"
If you look at the label and it isn't all real food(chemicals, additives, preservatives,etc) don't buy it!  If we just adhered to this rule, think how different our eating would be!  My great grandmother owned a bakery.  Can you imagine how much baked goods she must have eaten in her lifetime? But I am sure she didn't have all the additives in her cakes. Flour, butter, sugar, vanilla-that was what they used.  And she lived to be 100! No cancer, no autoimmune disease, just plain old age.  Go check out your pantry and see what ingredients are on the boxes in there...you'll be shocked, I know I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment