February 6, 2010

The Inmates Have Escaped!!!!

Our children all chose this weekend to run away.  We are "kidless" for the first time in about 17 years!  Ryan returns this evening (with a lot of dirty laundry, I am sure).  So, what were we to do?  Out, we went! We actually have been planning this night. With our kids schedules, finding a date night has not been easy. So, last night was the night.  I wondered if I would feel guilty, going out to eat instead of cooking?  No Way!  It was so nice to be out and we went to a great restaurant that we love and that has wonderful food.  It was money I was glad to spend. And that's really what this year is about:  mindful spending.  Spending thoughtfully, and really making a conscious decision that what we buy is worth it.  Making sure we are not just throwing our money away.  Junk food?No way.  Mediocre food? Not interested.  Excellent food,  a nice night out, nice ambiance?  Absolutely!  And, if you are wondering what was worth it, here it is:


Salmon, Green Beans and Mashed Potatoes!!  (Did I mention the mashed potatoes?  To die for) The bread was also excellent, but as you can see, I had already eaten it. :) Carb heaven!

This meal did get me thinking though... I like the presentation of the plates!  I think I know where I am headed today....   

1 comment: