February 24, 2010

Where dinner began and ended last night....

Last night I made Marcella Hazan's Simple Tomato Sauce(see sidebar for recipe).  As you may remember, last time I made this everyone went crazy for it.  So last night's meal was linguine with tomato sauce, italian bread and salad.  At least that was the plan.  A few of us actually ate that.  Unfortunately only those who ate early had that dinner.  I know you are thinking the early birds ate all the sauce, but this time I doubled the recipe(and did add a little less butter, but nobody knew) so there were even leftovers.  No, the problem for Brittany and I was the small sample we tried while the pasta was cooking:


One small taste led to another and another. Bread and that fabulous sauce, so rich and velvety.  We decided the pasta just didn't do it justice.  So, we sat dipping and eating. No one was looking , so we were double dipping.  And when we couldn't justify any more bread, we just ate the sauce.  Steaming so hot, we had to blow on it before we could eat it.  It was so delicious.  I think I finally found a way to eliminate pasta from my diet. :)  Unfortunately, it's been replaced by bread.  

No comments:

Post a Comment