February 15, 2010

Why is it so hard to find good food?

My kids are off from school this week so my schedule is not my own.  We are also going through food like crazy since everyone is around more.  I can't keep enough milk in the house! My(now) 14 year old son is in the midst of a growth spurt and just eats and eats.  I am in awe of how much he eats and how little he weighs!   Today I managed to talk them into going to Whole Foods with me.  It is not that close but I am in withdrawal since I haven't been there in almost a week.  I hate that I have to travel just to find fresh, bright colored vegetables and fruit. And I've found that if I don't have them in the house, we find other, "crummy stuff" to eat. I've tried the local grocery store, but this time of year there is not much selection.  I think I need to move south. :)  As much as I don't like the prices at Whole Foods, I love being greeted with wonderful, sunny fruits when I walk in the door.  Today we only shopped the perimeter.... vegetables, fruits, a few shrimp, chicken, milk and eggs.  The red butter leaf lettuce looked so good!  I couldn't wait to bring it all home.....  Here's what I came home with... (3 types of lettuce, spinach, carrots, snap peas, red peppers, green beans and Brittany's personal stash of blueberries)




1 comment:

  1. The truth is there is not enough blueberries in the State of CT for Brittany!

    Now what are you going to make with all this good food?

    ReplyDelete